Storage Systems Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Storage Systems Limited Website
For purposes of applicable data protection legislation, Storage Systems Limited is a “Controller” of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you. You are the sole source of your information provided to us on our website. Our website may collect any or all of the following:
- Name (First, Last, Middle)
- Contact information, including email address and phone number
- Job Title
- Company name and address
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- Any other information that you choose to provide
Third Party Services
We may get information about you from third-party sources, such as lead generation services, public databases, joint marketing partners, and social media platforms. Use of these services helps us in our outreach to you, and in tailoring a more-personalized web experience as you visit our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these sites you will be leaving ours, therefore we will have no control over other websites. To this end, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide these other sites. We collect your information for internal marketing purposes, to evaluate the effectiveness of our communications with you, and to improve the relevance of our message to meet your needs.
We use your information to provide you with:
- Information about our products and services
- Responses to your questions about our company and requests for product demonstrations
We will retain your information so long as it serves the purposes discussed above, unless and until you direct us to delete it.
What we do with your information
Storage Systems Limited may access and use your personal data, as reasonably necessary and in accordance with your consent to:
- administer the website
- improve the content on the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website
- send to you downloads requested via the website
- send you general marketing and non-marketing commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you) by email or similar technology
- deal with enquiries made by you relating to the website or our products and services
We will not sell, distribute or provide your personal information to third parties unless required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Disclosures to others
Storage Systems Limited may share or disclose your personal information and other information as follows:
- If you register for webinars or live events, which are co-sponsored by a third-party partner, your contact information may be available to that third-party partner.
- During changes to our business structure. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Storage Systems Limited’s assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence).
- To comply with laws. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
- We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice and managing legal disputes.
- We may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with our partners or others for business or research purposes.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use several types of cookies:
- Essential Cookies. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our site. For example, when you sign in, we may send cookies to your device so that we can identify you as a user.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies are used to remember choices you make when you use our site, such as your country. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience on our site.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our site and how users use the site. The information is aggregated and anonymous and does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our site, the pages they visited, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate, maintain, and improve our site.
- Social Media Cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on the site or engage with our content on or through a social network such as Facebook or Twitter, LinkedIn. The social network will record that you have done this.
- Web Beacons. Pages on our Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs). Web beacons differ from cookies in that the information is not stored on your hard drive, but invisibly embedded on web pages or in email. Web beacons permit us to track online movements of web users for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). This enables us to provide a website experience more tailored to your preferences and interests.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our site within your own browser settings. By limiting calls to these sites, the browser will limit the information these third-party sites can collect about you. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. For step-by-step instructions, please check your browser’s help section.
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for verifying that the personal information we maintain about you is accurate and current.
We seek to use technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our company. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer safe (for example, if you feel that the security of your account with us might have been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
What are your rights?
Choices Relating to the Personal Data We Collect
Personal Information. You may decline to provide Personal Data when it is requested by Storage Systems Limited, but certain services, such as personalisation of the website, may be unavailable to you.
Location and other device-level information. The device you use to access the Sites or Services may collect information about you, Storage Systems Limited may then collect and use. For information about your ability to restrict the collection and use of such information, please use the settings available in the device.
Choices Relating to Your Personal Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee may be payable of €6.35. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to email@example.com. If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you may request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you can contact Mr. Graham Scanlan who will investigate the matter.
Choices Relating to Cookies
You may have options available to manage your cookies preferences. For example, your browser or internet device may allow you delete, disable, or block certain cookies and other tracking technologies. You can learn more by visiting AboutCookies.org. You may choose to enable these options, but doing so may prevent you from using many of the core features and functions available on a Service or Site.
Communications from Storage Systems Limited
We may send you marketing content about our sites, services, products, and products through various communication channels, for example, email, pop-ups, push notifications, and messaging applications. You may opt out of these marketing communications by following the instructions in the communications you receive.
Transfers of Your Personal Information to Other Countries
Our Services are not directed to children under 16. If you learn that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
Contacting Storage Systems Limited
Storage Systems Limited, Malahide Road Industrial Park, Coolock, Dublin 17, Ireland